National Collective Kitchen Day is on March 26 of every year.
National Collective Kitchens Day was first observed on March 26, 1998.
Collective Kitchen Day is intended to promote :
- reflection on the part of participants
- mobilization of collective kitchens
- visibility of collective kitchens
To inform people about collective kitchens What is a collective kitchen?
- Collective kitchens : how are they more than cooking?
Informing the population and politicians :
- What are our needs?
- What are our demands?
The success of those national days depends on widespread partipation.
- It’s more than cooking: it’s an alternative to a handout.